Social Work Education
As a freelance academic I can support your social work department on an ad hoc or regular basis, for example during peak times, like end of year marking or while recruiting for a vacant position. I have experience of marking, teaching and supervision on both undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as supervision of PhD students.
I am familiar with IT systems like Moodle and Turnitin and remote working software like Microsoft Teams and Skype. I have good experience of working remotely for marking and supervision. If you require on-campus presence, I can work at universities within 1hr of Greenwich, London, or further afield for full-day teaching.
Examples of recent work:
- BA Year 3: Social and Critical Pedagogy, Coventry University
- BA Year 1: Applied Sociological Theory for Social Work, Coventry University
- BA Year 1: Applied Social Work Theories and Methods, Coventry University
- BA Year 3: Organisational Context of Social Work, Coventry University
- MA Year 2: Dissertation Proposal, Royal Holloway University
- MA Year 2: Dissertation, Royal Holloway University
- MSc Advanced Practice: Dissertation, Royal Holloway University
- MA Social Work students during their dissertation, Royal Holloway University
- MSc Advanced Practice Students during their dissertation, Royal Holloway University
- PhD students, Royal Holloway University
- Introduction to Social Pedagogy, 3rd year BA Social Work students, Coventry University
- Study Skills, 1st year MA Social Work students, Royal Holloway University
- Research Methods and Dissertation, MSc Advanced Practice, Royal Holloway University
- Writing for Publication, offered to students post-dissertation to publish their dissertation, Royal Holloway University
Katrin was a great supervisor. She really understood my interest and guided me through the thought process to refine it to a research question. She was extremely supportive through the process, but also challenging in a balanced way. She really pushed me to make sure that I did as well as I could. I would thoroughly recommend her as a supervisor.
– James Guy, MSc social work
Katrin was my supervisor for my dissertation, which I completed in July 2019. I found Katrin to be extremely knowledgeable, supportive and encouraging, and I credit her support in helping me to achieve a high grade. She was flexible with how and when we had our supervision sessions, and she was always available by email to answer any questions that I had. Katrin took a real interest in my research, and the scope of her advice went beyond just the content of my dissertation; she also took the time to talk to me about my wellbeing, career progression and training.
– Ratha Lehall, MSc social work
After completing my dissertation I had been encouraged to write up the findings for publication but did not know where to start. I attended a series of workshops offered by Katrin in order to understand how to write up my dissertation for publication, how to target journals and how to craft an abstract bearing in mind the audience. Katrin brought her experience and excellent mentoring skills to support me with my first publication in a high impact journal.
Get in touch
to discuss your requirements
I currently have availability from September 2020 onwards.